ClaroRead Workplace Edition
£318.00 INC VAT
ClaroRead Workplace includes powerful new technology that will scan and convert any publication into an editable PDF that can be read out loud with colour highlighting. ClaroRead Workplace ensures that any scanned or inaccessible document will be perfectly reproduced with all pictures, diagrams, columns and text intact.
As ClaroRead Workplace is closely integrated with Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer, practically any text can be spoken aloud by this powerful software. ClaroRead Workplace can assist in delivering high quality documents by using the scanned proofreading capability.
Users can also benefit from the addition of included visual tools that colour, highlight and focus on difficult to read text as it is spoken by the computer. Words can also be spoken back as they are typed, ensuring the accuracy of written papers, tests and study notes.
How Access to Work can help
The UK Access to Work (AtW) scheme supports employers providing Assistive Technology like ClaroRead to members of staff. Through the Department of Work and Pensions you can get funding to help buy software and training.
- As an employer you have a legal duty to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities, such as dyslexia. Part of these reasonable adjustments can be the provision of software like ClaroRead to your employees, so that they are better able to do their job efficiently and well.
- As an employee you can get software to help you with your reading and writing. Our programs can read out Microsoft Word, Outlook, PDF files and web pages. We can also tint the screen for you so it is easier to read. It is all simple and reliable so you can trust it to help.
- As an AtW assessor you know you can recommend ClaroRead to anyone with dyslexia or stress and it will help them with their written work.
- Reads Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR). ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and twenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Choice of high-frequency, many subject-specific, and huge prediction dictionaries.
- Phonetic prediction – type “n”, see “knowledge” suggested.
- Learn new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
- Listen back to your text after you have written – hear mistakes you can’t spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like “there” and “their” and “they’re” including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like “neel” (kneel) and “necessary”.
- Check anywhere, in email or Google Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program with over 300,000 English definitions.
- Thesaurus to help with comprehension.
- Change font and text to make it easier to read.
- Change screen colours to reduce contrast and make reading more comfortable.
- Read text into an audio or video file to listen to later (on your phone, on the move, for study).
- Integrates with Dragon Professional speech recognition (not included) to let you use speech to write and read.
- Make any text displayed on the screen read aloud, including online eBooks and presentations.
- ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Use industry-leading OmniPage technology to convert printed documents and image files into PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Create accessible PDF files with reading order.
Echo Letter Sounds
- Improve spelling by listening the sound of each letter rather than its name.
Pictures in Prediction
- Pictures in word prediction to help you choose the right word.
ClaroRead Workplace Edition provides our top-of-the-range software for anyone getting Access to Work. ClaroRead is great for anyone with dyslexia, with visual stress or with stress and mental health issues who needs help keeping on top of their workload.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1
- 1GB RAM
- 500MB hard disk space plus 150-500MB for each voice.
- Microsoft Word 2013 onwards
- .Net Framework 4.8
- Sound card supporting text-to-speech.
- Scanner supporting TWAIN or WIA (Plus and Pro).